Points to learn and remember from the Seven Churches of the Revelation of Jesus Christ
Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near.
Revelation 1:3 NKJV
Never forget our first love with Jesus Christ.
- "Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love. "Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lamp stand from its place--unless you repent. - Revelation 2:4-5 NKJV
When we are tested and tribulation comes, do not fear! Be faithful until death, and He will give us the crown of life.
- "Do not fear any of those things which you are about to suffer. Indeed, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and you will have tribulation ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life. - Revelation 2:10 NKJV
Do not compromise Truth. Be watchful for false teachings and falling into temptations in life and worldly things. The doctrine of Balaam- “if you cannot curse them, corrupt them.”
- "But I have a few things against you, because you have there those who hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balak to put a stumbling block before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols, and to commit sexual immorality. "Thus you also have those who hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate. - Revelation 2:14-15 NKJV
Continue to be loving, faithful, patient and be holy. Stay away from sexual immorality and idolatry. Be over comers!
- "I know your works, love, service, faith, and your patience; and as for your works, the last are more than the first. "Nevertheless I have a few things against you, because you allow that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants to commit sexual immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols. … "But hold fast what you have till I come. "And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations-- - Revelation 2:19-20, 25-26 NKJV
Let us be watchful and remain awake. Let the Holy Spirit control over us that we will not be spiritually dead like the Sardis church, the dead church.
- "And to the angel of the church in Sardis write, 'These things says He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars: "I know your works, that you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead. "Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die, for I have not found your works perfect before God. "Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold fast and repent. Therefore if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you. "You have a few names even in Sardis who have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with Me in white, for they are worthy. - Revelation 3:1-4 NKJV
Be Faithful and Persevere!
- "I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door, and no one can shut it; for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name. … "Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth. "Behold, I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown. - Revelation 3:8, 10-11 NKJV
Be zealous for the Lord and live a life of continual repentance. Do not be lukewarm!
- "So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. "Because you say, 'I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing'--and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked-- … "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent. "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. - Revelation 3:16-17, 19-20 NKJV